For those who just started to run, and find it’s difficult to embrace, this infographic might help. This is a 30-days guide on how to gradually progress from walking to running.
If this to be followed religiously, you could be ready for your first 5-10km run in 3-4 months. Also, please share this guide to your ‘walking’ friend. Who knows, by September you might be able to create a team of 4 and join a 21km relay run
Kuala Kubu Bharu 21km Road Relay Run
The Merdeka 2017 Kuala Kubu Bharu 21km Road Relay Run is a brainchild of former national middle distance runner Mr B.Rajkumar, who is born and bred in Kuala Kubu Bharu. Rajkumar is still the proud national record holder of the 800m with a time of 1.47.37 clocked at the Asian Track and Field Championship in Jakarta in 1985 as a 22 year-old.
This event is his small contribution of giving back to the sport he loves so much and still very passionate about.
The road relay is sanctioned by Federal Territory Kuala Lumpur Athletic Association, FTKLAA and Selangor Amateur Athletic Association. It is also held in collaboration with the Olympic Council of Malaysia through its Move Malaysia and Ministry of Education
List of Sponsors
- Move Malaysia (OCM)
- Dato’ P. Kamalanathan – Member of Parliament Hulu Selangor and Deputy Education Minister
- Datuk Haji Nadzari Ahmad Dahlan – ADUN Negeri Selangor
- 100 Plus – Official Beverage
- Ultron – Official T-Shirt
- Youth On Unity
- Golden Goose Hotel
- Datuk Ow Soon Kooi
- Matt A Chandran (iGene Sdn Bhd)
- UC Kindies Sdn Bhd
- A finisher medal & Ultron Drifit T-Shirt
- Individual Trophies for the Top 5 team from each category
- Cash prize for Top 5 from each category amounting to RM12,250.00